Have you ever wondered why just a few websites always show up in search results? How the ranking of a website is improved? All these technical problems are solved by hiring a digital marketing agency for optimization. It is achieved by improving the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of the webpage. This SEO can be on-page, off-page, or technical.
Technical SEO focuses on improving the technical aspects of a website, so it ranks on top in search engines. The content of the website should be of high quality and relevant. Technical SEO assists the search engine by showing the website’s structure, content, and relevant keywords which the user is searching for. It makes sure that search engine crawl and index that website page. It then brings more organic traffic to the website.
Role of Digital Marketing Agency
A digital marketing agency is helpful in providing digital marketing services to businesses and clients such as website designing and development, search engine optimization (SEO), content creation, social media marketing, email marketing, and analyzing data, etc. These services are crucial for the professional growth of businesses, as they help them achieve business goals and reach the target audience.
One of the best ways to build a solid business-client relationship is by creating a user-friendly website. Is just creating a website enough? Definitely not. If a business site is uploading its content on its website, and its user is not able to view it, it will collapse its digital marketing. Every business wants its website to be on the top when searched. But how will it happen?
There is an up boost in freelancing work. There are many well-reputed digital agencies working. It solves this problem by fixing the technical SEO of its website. Technical SEO optimization has become a necessity for every business. With the advancement in technology, social media and the internet has become major marketing sites. Thus, a website cannot reach its potential without regulating technical SEO.
How technical SEO helps a website
If we have a good experience and knowledge of technical SEO, we can improve the quality and ranking of our website in search engine results. If you are still unsure how technical SEO is essential for a website. Let’s dive deep into understanding by following points:
1. Good User Experience:
A user is more likely to visit and enjoy a website that is easy to use and visually appealing. If the website loads quickly and opens on all devices, it will direct more organic traffic. This experience can only be improved by eliminating the technical problems. This can be improved by utilizing technical SEO.
- If a website takes too long to load, it will increase the bounce rate, discourage user acceptability, and poor ranking on search engines. The technical SEO improves this by reducing file size and compressing the digital content, it will help the website to work and load fast.
- Mobile phone is present in each person’s hand nowadays. It is equally important to work on the mobile optimization of the website. If it fails to open on a mobile phone, it will minimize its efficiency. Technical SEO makes sure that it works well on mobile phones too along with other devices.
- Technical SEO makes a website user-friendly by making it easy to use, beautifully designed, and written in bold. A user is most likely to visit a website that is equally an eye treat.
2. High Website Ranking
Suppose a business operating would want its website and content to appear at the top of the search results. For this purpose, they would hire a local digital agency to thoroughly analyze their webpage and fixes all the errors. Technical SEO ensures that the website ranks at the top position in search engine result pages (SERPs). Whenever a keyword is searched, a user is most likely to visit the top-mentioned sites. This is also very beneficial in drawing traffic. This is done when the website is structured in such a way that search engine identifies, crawls, and index the web content. This visibility is improved by following the ways
- Indexation: Technical SEO makes sure that the content of the webpage is added to the database of the search engine. The search engine completely analyzes the information provided and ranks it in its index. This is done by providing a sitemap, regulating the robots.txt file, and adding canonical tags. The relevant website link is shown when a user searches for the keywords.
- Crawlability: A website should be well crawlable so that the search engine bots can easily access it. Search engines navigate through the website and review its content and structure. Technical SEO makes sure that the website is not only crawlable but also gets indexed in their search results.
- Canonicalization: it is important to separate the preferred URL from other URLs available. This practice avoids the appearance of duplicate content and the visibility of the website increases.
3. Fixing Technical Issues
A website can only work well and improves its search engine result page (SERP) visibility by fixing technical issues. These technical issues can only be solved by using technical SEO. Some of the common technical issues are as
- Duplicate content: The topmost technical problem is duplicate content. Sometimes a similar type of content is available on the website. Duplicate content may arise from using secured URLs like HTTP and HTTPS, syndicated RSS feeds, and using blog tags. If the search engine crawl visits all of these similar content URLs, it will slow down the index. This is unwelcoming for the SEO of the website. Technical SEO fixes it by providing information to the search engine about which URL to use for its index.
- Responsive on all devices: The website should be equally responsive on all devices. If the website fails to load or slows down on mobile phones and tablets, it will lower its ranking. The technical SEO minimizes the file sizes, compresses the images, and makes other necessary changes to improve the loading speed. The user will be able to equally joy the experience of the website on mobile phones and desktops.
- Broken pages: Technical SEO also fixes broken pages and links. They put a negative effect on the user experience and lower the user engagement on the page.
4. Website Security
Here, a digital marketing agency comes in handy to optimize a website in all aspects. Improving the technical bugs of a website alone is not enough. Technical SEO is essential in making the website secure for user experience, SERPs, and protection from cyberattacks. A website is made secure by incorporating HTTPS and SSL certificates. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a security protocol that ensures encryption between a server and a client. In this way, the website is protected by the search engine, and data transmission is prevented.