Here, some PC users reported an unusual experience, and they have noticed slow internet speed on their Windows 10 device frequently though nothing seems to be out of order. The investigation discovered that affected users were Dell PC users with Here, SmartByte the Network Service software installed on their machine. Thus, this post offers the most suitable solutions to this issue.
SmartByte is a new software utility that comes preloaded on select Dell laptops and controls, which applications get priority connections and can wait patiently for leftovers.
Rivet Networks develops the company beyond the powerful Killer Networking Wi-Fi cards that appear in many Dell and Alienware laptops.
The utility, which is enabling by default, works with both Intel and Realtek wireless chips.
SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed:
If you’re facing this issue, you can try our recommended solutions below in no particular order, and you can see if it helps resolve the issue.
- Update Wi-Fi drivers
- Update SmartByte software
- Disable SmartByte
- Uninstall SmartByte software
Here, let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.
1.Update the Wi-Fi drivers:
It has been confirming that a large number of these problems are caused by using an outdated version of the Intel Wi-Fi driver. You can update the Intel Wi-Fi drivers to the latest version available by downloading and installing the appropriate package for the Dell computer using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
2.Update the SmartByte software:
Here, other solution to the slow internet speed caused by SmartByte is to update SmartByte software from dell.com.
3.Disable the SmartByte:
Now, you can disable SmartByte on Windows 10, do the following:
- You may press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- If the Task Manager opens in compact mode, click or tap on More details.
- Now, go to the Startup tab.
- You can also find the SmartByte utility, select it from the list.
- Here, you can click the Disable button.
- Then, Exit the Task Manager.
Here, if the issue is still unresolved, try the next solution.
4.Uninstall the SmartByte software:
Now, you can uninstall the SmartByte software from your Windows 10 Dell PC, do the following:
- You can Right-click the Start Menu.
- Now, you may select the Apps and Features from the list.
- Then, scroll until you find any application with SmartByte in the name.
- You may click on the SmartByte entry and click Uninstall. Now, you can follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
- Hence, you can repeat the process with any other SmartByte apps.
Thus, if you want to reinstall SmartByte, all you need to do is perform a driver update on your Dell PC using the Dell SupportAssist for PCs.
Issues With The SmartByte (Connectivity Or Other):
Here, the users have reported connectivity issues with SmartByte enabled. These issues include, but are not limited to:
- Issues are sending mail with Outlook.
- Slow or seemingly throttling network performance.
- Intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Issues after Windows Updates.
- Issues with specific routers.
- Issues with Steam.
- Issues are sometimes mitigating by stopping or disabling the SmartByte Service.
How did we get the SmartByte installed on our computer?
Hence, if you aren’t quite sure how you ended up with this program in the first place, there are a few likely scenarios. Here, one of them is that you downloaded some other software type, which happened to be bundled in with it. It is perhaps the most common technique for distributing potentially unwanted programs in general. Still, there is a simple way to make yourself immune to it. Here, all you have to do is always go for the advanced/custom setup when installing new software.
To know more information on this get visit to askcorran website one of the cool site.
Now, you should pay close attention to every step of the installation process. Thus, when shown a list of any added components (such as SmartByte), be sure to uncheck the boxes opposite them to not integrate alongside the main install.