In this era of digitalization, SEO is the go-to technique to develop and improve your website’s visibility and rank them better. Be it any kind of content for your brand promotion, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) makes sure that it is optimized to the extent that search engines like Google show it at the top when a user searches for similar information. When you want your brand to be ahead of all your competitors as well as make your business big, SEO is the perfect tool for you to use. It has been time and again proven that SEO brings you a high Return on Investment (ROI). In comparison to SEO, traditional tactics like paid search, bring your company quite a low rate of ROI. Google states that SEO brings you 5.3*ROI for your business, whereas paid-search brings back a mere 2*ROI.
Due to this digitalization, most businesses have become more cutting edge and have updated to SEO rather than following the old traditional promotional services. But the problem that arises with most of the businesses now is that they get confused about what type of SEO team should they have to support their brand. Should you be outsourcing SEO or have an in-house SEO team? Both of these options have their own merits and demerits. Read on to find out in detail which of either should you choose for your brand to make it bigger.
Outsourcing SEO – Advantages
The common notion that comes up when you outsource SEO services, is that you would have to have a great budget to let an external team join you. This is not always correct. Outsourcing SEO is not something that is only meant for huge multinationals anymore. Small and medium- sized businesses can also avail of this technique to grow themselves. When you are outsourcing SEO, you get these advantages:
- When you are outsourcing SEO, the entire process and attaining an external team is very cost-effective. You don’t need to put your time, effort and money into training individuals to build an SEO team for your company. The agency that you hire for boosting your brand, would already be experts in SEO. They know what they are doing. And outsourcing your SEO would be cost-effective because you get tons of agencies to choose from. You can always choose a reputed, dependable and affordable SEO company.
- When you choose to outsource SEO, you are handing over the task to the experts who are always updated about the changing trends, patterns and technical upgrades happening in SEO and the digital world. They know exactly how to analyze and incorporate campaigns for your business.
- You get access to expensive resources that SEO experts use. Not only do you get access to those tools, you get experts who can harness the power of those tools to establish your brand and make it stand out giving your business a lead from your competitors.
In-House SEO Team – Advantages
In-house SEO teams are built mostly by startups. That however does not mean that large multinationals would not have in-house SEO team. Having in-house SEO team can also provide a lot of advantages. They are:
- The communication gets easier. Having an in-house SEO team would mean that they would-be your employees. The bond between the same company people is naturally different and stronger from letting an external agency get inside your business.
- When you have an in-house SEO team, your brand information stays within the company. Every detail of your projects stays safer within the company. An In-house SEO team has the potential to make its company the best SEO company, if they are trained properly and are equally skilled.
- You get to have the entire control over your SEO team. Any changes required in the projects, can be directed to them and your projects would be immediately upgraded according to your vision.
The Best of Both
Though in-house SEO teams provide you a lot of control and security over your projects, it does not mean that when you are outsourcing SEO services, your projects become vulnerable to threats and you don’t have a say in your project. That is wrong. SEO companies provide you with full authority and secrecy on your projects. It is about your brand, so inevitably your authority over the projects stays. When you outsource your SEO, you are just hiring experienced people to get your work done with perfection.
The best choice that you can make in terms of making your content precise and visible to your customers, is that you can choose both of these SEO practices. Having an in-house SEO team would ensure that your ideas and visions are being expressed well in your projects, for they know better about the company. On the other hand, outsourcing SEO merely means getting the job done with perfection. However, the best option is a collaboration of your in-house SEO team and your chosen outsourced SEO agency.