As expected, Google has confirmed the launch of their brand-new algorithm update, the March 2022 Product Reviews Update. According to a report, it’s the third in the “series of updates” that began in the year of 2021.
As per Google, the intention of the new rollout is to reward platforms that offer an in-depth guide on a product. If the search engine determines the review article to be the result of a first-hand experience, it’ll rank it much higher than usual.
But what’s else going to change in this Google update?
How will it affect your SEO strategy?
Let’s find out!
March 2022 Update – What’s The Catch?
Although the March 2022 Google Update is more focused on product review, it’s also come up with some other changes. Here’s what you need to know about them.
1. Improved Page Experience
According to the new Google update, the aspect of the webpage experience has improved even more. For example, if your website doesn’t open within a second after clicking, it’ll not rank higher, even if its on-page SEO is top-notch.
Additionally, the usage of white space in a website’s blog section would matter quite a lot. As per Google, the more paragraphs you use, the easier it’ll be for your reader to understand the context correctly. Also, including high-quality images has become a necessity now.
2. Usage Of Evidence
There was a time when you could simply write a product review and be done with it. But that won’t be the case anymore. Now, aside from offering genuine information, you have to work on finding evidence to back it up as well.
Otherwise, Google will not consider the provided data as authentic or bona fide. Thus, while you’re writing, make sure to offer as many quotations or backlinks to high-quality websites as you can. It will make your content more authentic and help you rank higher than usual.
3. Informational Content
Previously, we used to focus more on using keywords rather than offering information on our articles to rank higher on SERPs. Nonetheless, now, the scenario has changed a little.
Yes, you have to use keywords – that hasn’t changed yet. However, alongside the same, you have to offer more information as well.
The more data your article has, the higher its ranking potential on the SERPs will be. Just make sure that the information is genuine, and you’ll be fine.
4. Importance Of Content Update
As mentioned, the inclusion of factual data or information has become important following the new update. Hence, after writing content, you cannot simply keep it as is for the rest of the time. You must check and update its data regularly to keep your readers up-to-date.
You can do this by performing a content audit once a month. It should help you discover all of the problems in your articles and rectify everything at once.
5. Promoting A Product
You can definitely promote a product while writing an article. Nonetheless, the available data should be authentic and believable. Also, when you include more than one product on your blog, over-promotion to a single one wouldn’t be ideal for you.
Instead, try to be as neutral as possible. If you were asked to promote a product by a seller, lowering the number of cons of the same would be ideal. Writing a comparison chart between the products should also be an option for you.
How To Save Yourself From Getting Hit By The Update?
In this section, we’ll tell you about how you can prevent getting hit by the Google update. Hopefully, it’ll help you improve your overall Digital marketing strategy to some extent.
- If you’re writing the review from another website, be sure to check if it’s been written by an industry expert. In that case, make sure to refer to them in your article. It’ll make the whole segment much more authentic and genuine.
- Write in a simple and straightforward language. Even if you’re using jargon, make sure to keep their usage to a minimum. There’s no need to make the context difficult for your readers, as it may affect your ranking.
- Don’t forget to highlight the essential features of a product while writing. It will help your audience learn precisely what they are looking for.
- Use as many authentic images as possible while writing the article. This, in turn, will make your writing appear as much more informative and may increase your ranking to some extent as well.
- Consider including both advantages and disadvantages of the products you’re writing on. Be fair and neutral from your viewpoint. It should include more credibility in your article and writing style.
The Bottom Line
Like any other major Google update, this one has come up with several changes to Google’s algorithm as well. Nonetheless, if you write in an informative manner and take care of your on-page SEO, you can rank much higher.
Just make sure that you’re not stuffing the keywords too much, and you’ll be fine. Also, add as much accurate data or statistics as possible in the article. Hopefully, it will work out as you’ve always wanted in the end.